Omron Digital Blood Pressure Monitor HEM-8712
MRP: Rs. 2640/-
with Hypertension Indicator, Body Movement Detection and Cuff Wrapping Guide.
13 in stockCompare
Omron HEM 8712 Blood Pressure Monitor provides you with upper arm blood pressure measurement. It is one of the best models available in the market now. Also it displays systolic, diastolic readings and pulse rate simultaneously. Like all other Omron models, it works on Intellisense Technology. Hence it provides accurate results. This is the basic model among all the Omron BP Monitors and it is most economical too.
Features of Omron HEM 8712 Blood Pressure Monitor
- This BP Monitor has a memory for final reading only.
- There is a feature which we call the Hypertension Indicator, which indicates if diastolic or systolic pressure is beyond the normal range (above systolic 135 mmHg/diastolic 85 mmHg), with the blinking of the heartbeat symbol.
- Omron HEM 8712 Blood Pressure Monitor detects your body movement during the measurement. Body movement is an important factor which decides the accuracy of blood pressure readings. Hence this feature will help you to get accurate blood pressure readings.
- Very easy to use with its one-touch operation.
- BP Monitor
- Arm Cuff suitable for arm circumference 22-32 cm
- Instruction Manual
- “AA” Batteries – 4 Nos. included
Is it natural for my blood pressure to fluctuate while using Omron HEM 8712 Blood Pressure Monitor?
Yes, it is quite natural for your blood pressure to fluctuate the entire day. Even it can vary in particular situations where you may take your blood pressure readings. Several factors can change your blood pressure value at any particular time. These factors include food or alcohol consumption, stress, physical activities, even a specific time of day. Actually, there are studies which show that blood pressure can alter by up to 15 to 20 mmHg in a day, based on the above said reasons. Hence it is important to measure your blood pressure very frequently. Also you have to analyze the overall results of your blood pressure readings with your family physician.
Suppose your blood pressure is high, and you are not monitoring it or treating it. It means that you are at higher risk of heart attack, stroke, and death. But why do we have hypertension in the first place? Well, everyone has a different reason for hypertension, from genetics or family history to dietary reasons or it could be secondary to certain diseases.
Too many bodily systems play a role in maintaining the optimal blood pressure, and if any of the systems malfunction, one would get either hypertensive or hypotensive. In most cases, blood pressure rises due to stiffening of arteries, in some heart may be overactive, while in few kidneys’ may retain too much of salt or secrete certain hormones. Chronic stress may also lead to hormonal disbalance and thus elevation of blood pressure. Whatever be the cause, high blood pressure puts extra pressure on the arteries, and therefore they are at higher risk of accidental bursting of arteries. High blood pressure also means the additional burden for the heart, which increases the risk of heart failure or heart attack. Hence regular monitoring with a home blood pressure monitor is essential.
At present blood pressure is regarded as normal if systolic (upper reading) is below 120 mm Hg, and diastolic (lower reading) is below 80 mm Hg. Upper reading between 130 mm Hg and 120 mm Hg is classified as borderline as per latest recommendations and guidelines. While anything above these readings must be monitored and treated.
Reasons for hypertension
So what exactly causes blood pressure? Hypertension is perhaps caused due to a combination of reasons in most cases, instead because of one single cause. Thus following are the common reasons for blood pressure elevation:
- Smoking- it damages the blood vessels and makes them narrower
- Obesity- accumulation of fat means lost elasticity of blood vessels and narrower space
- Sedentary lifestyle- if you do not exercise, your blood vessels become weaker and lose elasticity
- Too much salt in food- salt retains the water in the body, which results in higher blood pressure
- Alcohol abuse- alcohol will constrict arteries and raise blood pressure
- Stress- chronic stress alters our hormonal balance
- Older age- as we grow, our arteries stiffen. Thus older people are more prone to hypertension
- Genetics and family history- some individuals are naturally at the higher risk
- Chronic kidney disease- kidney is responsible for fluid balance and balance of blood pressure. It does so by controlling the balance of electrolytes in the blood and exerting an effect on the cardiovascular system through secretion of certain hormones. Most kidney issues would affect the blood pressure
- Hormonal diseases like that of adrenal glands or thyroid glands
- Sleep disorders
Understanding Essential or Primary Hypertension
More than 90% of Indians have so-called essential hypertension. It means that your doctor would not be able to pinpoint the cause, and thus it is called essential hypertension. This can be identified only through regular monitoring. It is thought to be the result of genetics, dietary issues, and lifestyle choices. Such people are inherently more sensitive to salt intake, more prone to stiffening of arteries, and thus at higher risk of cardiovascular diseases. Hence monitoring with Omron HEM 8712 Blood Pressure Monitor would be beneficial for these kinds of people.
|BP Monitor Type|
|Main Unit Dimension|
129 (L) x 103 (W) x 80 (H) mm
4 AA Batteries or AC adaptor (optional)
|Pressure Measurement range|
20 – 280 mmHg
|Pulse Measurement range|
40 – 180 beats/min
|Intelli Wrap Cuff|
|Body Movement Detection|
|BP Level Indicator|
|Irregular Heartbeat Detection|
|Date & Time|
|Avrg. of last 3 readings|
|Cuff Wrapping Guide|
- All orders received before 2 PM are dispatched on the same day.
- Item will normally arrive within 3 to 4 working days (except Sundays & holidays). Some times it may go up to 6 to 7 business days for remote areas.
- This Product is having 3-Year Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase.
- Buyers need to contact the manufacturer (OMRON Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.) directly for availing Warranty.
- Toll free number for OMRON customer care is 1800 419 0492.
2tomgeorge (verified owner) –
good service and reliable product
muhammed_bp (verified owner) –
Excellent seller.good communication.fast shipping.quality product…
ramyadav1234 (verified owner) –
HI, I RA Yadav from Mumbai, purchase OMRON Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure (BP) Monitor HEM – 8712” for monitor blood pressure. It is very useful.