OMRON HEM 6121 Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
MRP: Rs. 2270/-
Large Digital Display, 30 Readings of Memory
When you take your blood pressure reading with Omron wrist blood pressure monitor, make sure to record your reading. It is important to take the measurements at the same time each day and use averages over time to compare readings because each person is different. Consult with your doctor about what your numbers mean to you.
Features of Omron Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor HEM 6121
- Omron wrist blood pressure monitor HEM 6121 works on INTELLISENSE TECHNOLOGY. This technology spontaneously applies the right amount of pressure for an accurate, fast, and comfortable measurements.
- Irregular heartbeat detection
- It has a memory of 30 readings.
- Another feature is Cuff Wrapping Guide. This feature allows the user to know whether the cuff is wrapped correctly or not. If it is correctly wrapped, a green OK symbol will blink.
- It will give you an indication if the blood pressure readings are beyond the normal range by blinking the heartbeat symbol. This will happen when systolic pressure is above 135 mmHg and diastolic pressure is above 85 mmHg.
- Simultaneous display of BP values (systolic, diastolic) and pulse rate.
Box Contents for Omron Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor HEM 6121
- 1 Main Unit
- Instruction Manual
- 2 “AAA” Batteries
- Storage Case
How to Use Omron HEM 6121 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- The most important reason for false reading is due to the user not holding the BP monitor at heart level. Please strictly follow the below mentioned instructions.
- Secure the cuff on your left wrist and align the monitor with your thumb.
- Place the cuff 1/2 inch away from your wrist bone.
- Hold the bottom part of the cuff and wrap it around your wrist so it fits comfortably and securely.
- Holding your left elbow and arm against body, elevate your wrist to heart level.
- To turn the unit ON and take a measurement press the START button.
- Sit straight and do not move during the measurement. Also don’t bend your wrist forward or backward.
About Wrist BP Monitors
Not all patients or individuals living with hypertension are equal. Thus there is a need for different kind of blood pressure monitoring devices. For almost a century, most people have relied on the blood pressure machines with a cuff that has to be worn on an upper arm. However, such traditional devices have certain limitations. They are bulky, they are difficult to wear especially if a person is wearing winter clothes. They require lots of space to carry. Traditional BP monitors are not ideal for people on the go. It is not perfect for the requirement of people who are often out of the home and still need to keep an eye on their BP.
Some people may also need to measure their blood pressure more often due to nature of the disease. As some of the people are very sensitive, they are prone to so-called hypertensive crisis. These are the people who may have sudden swings in blood pressure due to obvious or un-obvious reasons. However, such people often either need to run to the nearby clinic to measure the blood pressure or make a guess and take medication which may be dangerous for them.
Who all need Omron Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor?
Omron is one of the companies that has come with a solution for people who are on the go, who need to measure BP more often, who need to measure BP in the office or while traveling. Omron has come up with wrist BP monitors. It is a small, compact, easy to carry BP monitor that is easy to use and works silently in any condition. Thus one can quickly take reading even in an office, and no one around would notice that. Thanks, both due to the compact size and noiseless operation of the device.
Omron HEM 6121 wrist blood pressure monitor save a person from the discomfort as it can be easily worn on a wrist. Yes, our blood pressure varies in various locations. However, there is no need to worry as Omron calibrating devices accordingly.
Accuracy of Omron Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
One should always measure the blood pressure either sitting or lying and in a quiet and relaxed environment. However, in some cases wrist BP monitor may be used to measure the blood pressure while in a stressful condition. Though such readings would not necessarily say that a person has hypertension, but it may tell a person when there is a need to relax or practice mindfulness. Just stated, wrist BP monitor can be used in biofeedback therapy, where a person learns to control his or her blood pressure.
Some of the wrist BP monitors come with the mobile app and ability to transfer data to a cell phone. Such functionality may be useful in keeping the record over time, monitoring the success of lifestyle changes over time, and seeing the effectiveness of therapy.
Finally, some people and physicians may be a bit skeptical about these devices as they are still not in common use. However, one may not need to worry much about its accuracy. Omron always ensures that its devices go through intensive trials before it introduces products to the market. Best of all, Omron wrist blood pressure monitor HEM 6121 is sturdy enough to last at least five years or more.
|BP Monitor Type|
13.5 to 21.5 cm
Nylon & polyester
|Main Unit Dimension|
78 (W) * 60 (H) * 21 (D) mm
2 * 1.5V (LR03, AAA alkaline batteries)
Approx. 300 measurements
|Pressure Measurement range|
0 – 299 mmHg
|Pulse Measurement range|
40 – 180 beats/min
|Body Movement Indicator|
|BP Level Indicator|
|Date & Time|
|Easy Fit Cuff|
|Avrg. of last 3 readings|
|Cuff Wrapping Guide|
- Our shipping partner is Fedex.
- Places, which are not covered by Fedex, we will cancel the order and refund you.
- All orders received before 2 PM are dispatched on the same day.
- Item will normally arrive within 3 to 4 working days (except Sundays & holidays). Some times it may go up to 6 to 7 business days for remote areas.
- This Product is having 5-Year Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase.
- Buyers need to contact the manufacturer (OMRON Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.) directly for availing Warranty.
- Toll free number for OMRON customer care is 1800 419 0492.